Here is the latest information about what Temple Israel is doing about the Covid-19 pandemic:
• Temple Israel is monitoring all public information and will follow any directives regarding public assembly and school.
• We urge everyone to take any symptoms seriously and not wait to seek medical advice as well as refraining from attending any event if experiencing any feelings of ill health.
• We have accelerated the cleaning of public areas including stairway handrails and the bathrooms.
• Food at Temple events will not be “self serve.”
You can get current information here:
• NYC Department of Health Portal: https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/index.page
• NYC Department of Health Coronavirus page & test results: NYC DOH CORONAVIRUS UPDATES
• US Government CDC center website portal: www.cdc.gov
Also, SiriusXM radio has made an information channel, 121, available to all radios regardless of subscription status.
We have cancelled or postponed certain events:
• Yoga is suspended until further notice due to instructor professional conflicts.
• The Songbook concert scheduled for 3/14 has been postponed until 6/20
• Rabbi’s “boot camp” Hebrew classes for 3/18 & 3/25 are postponed until May.
• The 3/20 Shabbat Shalom dinner is cancelled. Reservations will be honored for 5/15 dinner
• The Sisterhood meeting of 3/29 is cancelled
First Night Community Seder on April 8 please read our cancellation notice
E-mail updates are being sent to those on our Wednesday News & Notes and E-Shalom distribution lists. If you do not receive those e-mails, please contact Lara in the Temple Office to be added — (718) 727-2231