Friendships are made here!
The Brotherhood offers the opportunity to expand one’s circle of friends, to get involved in Jewish affairs, to strengthen Jewish identify and to contribute to our Congregation.
PATHS TO COMMUNITY
The primary purpose of the Brotherhood is to provide social, educational, cultural and spiritual services for the men in our Congregation. While we provide opportunities for men in our congregation to gather together for fellowship, recreation, personal growth and mutual support, we also work to support the mission, services and activities of the Congregation and our community.
We devote our time and resources to activities in these areas:
- Social interaction among the men of the congregation in order to build friendships among men and their families in support of our objective of building Jewish Community among our members.
- We stimulate and add to the intellectual interests of men in the Congregation..
- Spiritual interests of men in the Congregation. These spiritual interests are founded in our Jewish traditions, but open to modern approaches to spirituality, especially men’s spirituality.
- Performing gemilut chasadim (deeds of kindness) and tikkun olam (working to serve and improve our congregation, our local community and our world).
WE BRING YOU…
- Our fabulous make your own ice cream sundae Oneg at Simchat Torah.
- The Tashlich Stream Clean Up.
- Family Chanukah Party
- Purim Carnival
- Host of Shabbat Across America
- Men’s Passover Seder
- Participation in Mitzvah Day and community service events
- Mothers’ Day/ Spring Flower Sale
- Yom H’shoah candle program which benefits the Temple Israel School Program
- Annual Men’s Night Out
- Family BBQ (every two years)
- Brotherhood end of the year dinner.
- Monthly discussions
- Guest speakers
- Financial donations to Temple Israel
- Presentation of kiddush cups to Bar/Bat Mitzvahs and and participation in the Confirmation Ceremony.
- Affliated wth the MRJ (www.menrj.org) and Lifestyles for the Disabled (www.lfdsi.org).
- And a whole lot more!
Oh, and if you are a male member of Temple Israel, and have not yet joined Brotherhood, please consider taking this opportunity to do so. Just tear this off, attach your check for $45.00, made out to Temple Israel Brotherhood, and send it to the Temple – Attn: Brotherhood; or drop it off in the Brotherhood mailbox in the Temple office.
Yes, I would like to be a part of Brotherhood in 2017 -2018!
Please accept the attached $45.00 check as payment in full for my dues.
(We respect your privacy. This will only be used for Brotherhood business)
BE A MEMBER OF BROTHERHOOD – JOIN TODAY and make things happen!